If you are a college student between the ages of 18 and 25 and passionate about theatre, then Parkway Playhouse can offer an immersive experience.
Interns are competitively selected based on the strength of their application and their audition and/or interview.
- Applicants must provide 3 letters of recommendation by March 15, 2018.
- Please have letters emailed to our Education Coordinator, Mea Johnson
- or mailed to:
PO Box 1432
Burnsville, NC 28714
- A professional resume
- A 500-word personal statement is REQUIRED with appliation
- Interns who wish to be considered for roles must attend the Mainstage auditions (February 17 & 18)
Some key qualities we look for when hiring our interns:
- Dependable with consistent work habits
- Social maturity and self-confidence
- Ability to take direction and criticism well
- Ability to digest new information and apply it productively
- Basic knowledge and skills to work successfully in various departments of the theatre
- Good communication skills
- Ability to enjoy creative problem-solving and multi-tasking
- Easy to work with effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Great passion for the theatre
We are no longer accepting college intern applications at this time.
For more information, please email Mea Johnson or call 828.682.4285.
Parkway Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and matters of an applicant’s race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, or sexual orientation will not be considered when making a hiring decision.