If you are a college student between the ages of 18 and 25 and passionate about theatre, then Parkway Playhouse can offer an immersive experience.
Interns are competitively selected based on the strength of their application and their audition and/or interview.
Auditions for the 2017 MainStage season are on February 18-19. Interns who wish to be considered for roles must attend these auditions or contact the casting office before March 6 to make alternate arrangements. Please let us know at the time of your audition that you’re also applying for the Intern Program.
Applications are due by March 15. No email applications please.
For more information, please email Mea Johnson or call 828.682.4285.
Some key qualities we look for when hiring our interns:
- Dependable with consistent work habits
- Social maturity and self-confidence
- Ability to take direction and criticism well
- Ability to digest new information and apply it productively
- Basic knowledge and skills to work successfully in various departments of the theatre
- Good communication skills
- Ability to enjoy creative problem-solving and multi-tasking
- Easy to work with effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Great passion for the theatre
Parkway Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and matters of an applicant’s race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, or sexual orientation will not be considered when making a hiring decision.