Parkway Playhouse COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Last updated 3/16/2022
Mainstage Guidelines Related to COVID-19:
We appreciate your patience as we actively work to make challenging decisions based on the most recent information provided by the CDC. More details about our 2022 Covid Policies are coming very soon.
Additional Class Parkway Playhouse Junior Classes and Production Guidelines Related to COVID-19:
- Classes will be held in person, in the Mountain Heritage Center rehearsal space, unless otherwise noted. Classes will be held in the Parkway Playhouse after April 9, 2022.
- As of March 14, 2022, Masks are required OR optional on a class-by-class basis. The Director of Education will communicate with parents via email on any changes to mask-wearing procedures.
- As of March 14, 2022, masks are not required for actors and staff involved in Addams Family, Young @Part. Masks are still required of audience members for performances at this time.
- If Yancey County at any time returns to a “red/high risk” area, masks will be required of all students and teachers, per CDC guidance.
- In the event that anyone in a class tests positive for COVID-19, or has a potential exposure, we will defer to the Yancey County Health Department for guidance.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Parkway Playhouse you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.