If you are a college student between the ages of 18 and 25 and passionate about theatre, then Parkway Playhouse is the perfect place for you. We offer an immersive, hands-on internship where you will take part in all of the areas of a working theatre. Our interns have performed in our mainstage season, taken part in our various outreach programs, worked on the youth summer camps, costumed shows, built sets and props, stage managed, and much much more!
Interns are competitively selected based on the strength of their application and their audition and/or interview.
- Applicants must provide 3 letters of recommendation by March 15, 2019.
- Please have letters emailed to our Education Coordinator, Hunter Taylor
- Or mailed to:
PO Box 1432
Burnsville, NC 28714
- A professional resume
- A 500-word personal statement is REQUIRED with application
- Interns who wish to be considered for roles must attend the Mainstage auditions (February 16 & 17)
Some key qualities we look for when hiring our interns:
- Dependable with consistent work habits
- Social maturity and self-confidence
- Ability to take direction and criticism well
- Ability to digest new information and apply it productively
- Basic knowledge and skills to work successfully in various departments of the theatre
- Good communication skills
- Ability to enjoy creative problem-solving and multi-tasking
- Easy to work with effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Great passion for the theatre
Applications for our 2019 Summer Internship are due on March 15th, 2019. We will then conduct interviews March 18-22. The interns selected will be notified on March 25th. The standard internship period is May 13th-August 18th.
For more information, please email Hunter Taylor or call 828.682.4285.
Parkway Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and matters of an applicant’s race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, or sexual orientation will not be considered when making a hiring decision.