Internship Application Opens January 4, 2022!
If you are a college student between the ages of 18 and 25 and are passionate about theatre, then Parkway Playhouse is the perfect place for you. We offer an immersive, hands-on internship where you will take part in all of the areas of a working theatre. Our interns have performed in our mainstage season, taken part in our various outreach programs, worked on the youth summer camps, costumed shows, built sets and props, stage managed, and much much more!
Interns who wish to be considered for roles must attend the Mainstage auditions (February 19 & 20)
Interns are competitively selected based on the strength of their application and their interview.
Application Requirements (due February 14, 2022)
- Application Form (opens January 4, 2022)
- Three letters of recommendation by February 14, 2022
- Please have letters emailed to our Director of Education and Outreach, Jenny Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or mailed to:
% Jenny Martin
PO Box 1432
Burnsville, NC 28714
- A professional resume.
- A 500-word personal statement.
Some key qualities we look for when hiring our interns:
- Dependable, with consistent work habits.
- Social maturity and self-confidence.
- Ability to take direction and criticism well.
- Ability to digest new information and apply it productively.
- Basic knowledge and skills to work successfully in various departments of the theatre.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to enjoy creative problem-solving and multitasking.
- Easy to work with effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Great passion for the theatre.
Applications for our 2020 Summer Internship are due on February 14, 2022. We will then conduct interviews in person, or via Zoom, between February 16-20. The interns selected will be notified on March 1st. The standard internship period is May 16th-August 12th.
For more information, please email Jenny Martin (email@example.com).
Parkway Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and matters of an applicant’s race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, or sexual orientation will not be considered when making a hiring decision.